Applying Consultancy skills to Portfolio’s, Projects and Programmes
– with Agile & Waterfall/ Established Best Practices.
Deze pagina is alleen in engels beschikbaar.
With the current popularity of Lean and Agile practices, continuous improvement on the organizational, team and personnel level are more important than ever.
Companies which are embracing change can prepare themselves by educating their staff and have specialists to support them.
Oppidum, an AXELOS Consulting Partner, has created a training path for “Improvement Consultants”.
This new personal development path has its foundation in the very successful P3M3® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Maturity Model). For this, Oppidum has created a flexible course with option to tailor to the needs of your organization. Working in an agile environment is also covered.
Elements of the training of “Improvement Consultants”:
1. Two days (or 8 online video-meeting learning blocks) will provide the basis of this training, and includes topics:
- The background of the Maturity Models
- The proven value of Maturity & Maturity Models
- P3M3 structure and history
- Advantages and disadvantages of Self-Assessments
- Scoping and planning assessments
- Working with the 7 Perspectives, 13 Threads and 100+ Attributes
- Extension for Agile environments
- Using checklists during desk studies and interviews
- Assessment techniques
- Reporting on Continuous Improvement
- Creating an Improvement Plan
- How to become a certified consultant
2. One day hands-on experiences on the Project Management Model.
3. One day hands-on experiences on the Programme Management Model.
4. One day hands-on experiences on the Portfolio Management Model.
- By applying the different sub-models, participants will carry out a desk study, then prepare and conduct one or more interviews or workshops, and then analyse the results, rate the investigated areas, complete a small report and present an improvement plan.
- Next to that they will also learn more on the implementation of projects, programmes and portfolios.
5. One day applying continuous improvement in an agile environment.
Participants must attend the first and the last modules (a total of 3 days). Participants can choose to attend one, two or three of the Project, Programme and Portfolio days.
Participants should be familiar in at least one of the relevant best practice (e.g. PRINCE2® for Projects, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®), Management of Portfolios (MoP®), AgBest Practice ile PM®-Project Management, Agile Programme Management, PMI® or IPMA® Certification.
And they should have a working experience in the field of change management.
Open Training or In-company
Open trainings are planned-in once 4 or more candidates have registered.
In-company training is possible for 4 – 12 candidates per training group. In-company training benefits from discounts.
- Oppidum developed an in-course assessment method for participants. Satisfactorily completing the chosen modules will be recognised by certification and a course report.
- Candidates will be granted CPD (continuous professional development0 points (one per hour participated) for keeping their practitioner certifications (IPMA, PMI, PRINCE2, etc) valid.
- Candidates who wish to promote themselves further to the international accredited recognition as a AXELOS P3M3 Assessor will need to take a further exam, prove their experience, and re-register each year via Oppidum. (Current Axelos costs are approximately Euro 600 per year.)
The basic training starts with the classroom format or via a webinar/online lesson series. The hands-on modules are planned-in to fit business needs: a real-life casus on-site is of great benefit to both participants and their employers/ clients – as the Trainers will be stimulating and supervising the assessment & advice on that casus. These modules can combine with the webinar/ online method.
Please contact us for further information by telephone or through the contact form below.